Grinding, Forming and Planning
Grinding, forming and planning technology
In this department the group of grinding is their partner for all questions of the grinding technology. Central topics of interest are the development and optimization of grinding processes, the evaluation of the efficiency of grinding tools, the process control and regulation when grinding in addition, environmental aspects, as for example questions about the reduction of the cooling amounts of lubricant.
The group of forming technology analyzes transforming manufacturing processes. Here the focus is on the plastomechanics and the tribological boundary conditions. All investigations become by extensive process simulations (FEA) and practical attempts supported. The thereby won knowledge enables to extend us forming processes concerning their shaping borders to optimize construction units concerning their employment behavior to increase tool service lives and use environmentalcompatible lubricants. This knowledge we put to them gladly at the disposal, in order to lay out or optimize their forming processes. By our experience and equipment it is ensured that their questions and problems are answered and solved fast and efficiently.
For all problems regarding several manufacturing technologies, your contact is the research group Technology Planning. We support you in analyzing, evaluating and optimizing existing technology chains as well as in planning of new ones. By considering company-specific criteria, we are able to design a technology chain that is perfectly aligned to your requirements or to reveal optimization potential in your existing technology chain.
Fields of research
- New Materials
- Numerical Simulation
- Model Based Process Design
- Current research projects
- Topics and main researches
- Research Circle Grinding Technology (AKS)
- Research Circle for Tooling Engineering (AKWT)
- Trends in der Umformtechnik
- Numerical Modeling and Process Design
- Alternative Materials
- Tribology and Surface Engineering
- Technology Screening
- Technology Chain Design
- Life Cycle Assessment in Technology Planning
- Technology Evaluation
- Multi Technology Platforms
- Technology Planning in Medical Engineering
- Static and Dynamic Assessment of Socio-Technical Production Systems